帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
Yi Jianlian says goodbye to CBA fans

The next story is bit sentimental. China's star basketball player Yi Jianlian is kissing his home team goodbye as he heads for the NBA.

He played for Guangdong HongYuan for five CBA seasons. The Milwaukee Bucks draft recently bid farewell to his fans back home. A going-away party was held in Dongguan gymnasium where thousands of fans showed up for their loved idol. Yi Jianlian, the No. 6 rookie picked by the Milwaukee Bucks in this year's NBA draft, threw gifts to his supporters at the stand to express his thanks. From a CBA rookie to an NBA player, his home fans have witnessed his entire transition. And now it's time to say goodbye. Fans say they expect that Yi Jianlian will bring plenty of good news from the NBA court.

bid farewell to :告别;辞行

[ 本帖最后由 酷港小秘 于 2008-5-7 10:06 编辑 ]

蕊琪护肤&钻戒,有需要请加我微信:junjun1762  
顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
New message from Bin Laden

An Islamic website says it will issue a new video message from al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, marking the sixth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

The web site posted an image of bin Laden on a banner, saying the new video is reminiscent of his last taped appearance in 2004. But now his beard appears to be black.

be reminiscent of :令人回想起

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
OPEC meets to set output quota

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries,or OPEC, weighed a push by some members Monday to modestly boost its production quota, in the face of stubbornly high oil prices.

On the eve of Tuesday's OPEC meeting in Vienna, Austria, half a dozen key members, including Iran, Kuwait, Nigeria and Venezuela-say they believe the markets are well supplied.

They suggest the official output quota of 25.8 million barrels per day should stand. But oil analysts say some Gulf states are pressing for a small but symbolic increase of 500,000 barrels a day to reassure jittery markets.

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
9/11 health issue in spotlight

The health of emergency crews is in the spotlight during this anniversary of 9/11. As Zeng Siwei tells us, many are claiming the New York city has failed to help them with severe medical problems.

Former police officer Richard Volpe visited Ground Zero during the anniversary of 9/11. He takes pride in being one of rescue workers here. But the heavy price he has paid for doing this duty frustrates him.

Volpe's kidneys are failing and he will eventually need a transplant. He says New York city has done little to help him.

Richard Volpe said, "I don't hear of that I know of any illnesses from the site in Washington. I mean they sealed the whole site off. Everybody that was in there had proper respirators and the had the tie back suits. Here at the World Trade Center where the toxins were probably a million times worse than there, they didn't take any of those preventions."

Volpe has joined the lawsuit against the city and agencies involved in the clean up, saying they failed to adequately safeguard his health from toxins and for not compensating him for his mounting medical bills.

There are about ten thousand New Yorkers, mostly firemen and construction workers, in what has become one of the biggest health related class action lawsuits against the city.

Some of the city's political leaders are keen to address this very issue. There are calls for legislation to provide health coverage and financial compensation to responders.

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
LDP Secretary-General expected to succee

Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party will pick a new party president on September 23rd to succeed Shinzo Abe. LDP Secretary-General Taro Aso, a former foreign minister under Abe, is widely seen as a front-runner.

Abe's resignation left the troubled LDP scrambling for a replacement. Almost all eyes immediately fell on former foreign minister and fellow conservative Taro Aso.

The principal officer of Asia Strategy Institute of Tokyo, Keith Henry said"Obviously, Taro Aso will be the front-runner mainly because everyone for the last six months have been saying he's the likely successor. Nobody thought he would be the successor so soon, but that's just the way it goes."

Taro Aso says the Liberal Democratic Party will choose Abe's successor quickly in order to avoid creating a political vacuum. Aso was expected to announce his candidacy later on Thursday.

By Thursday evening, Finance Minister Fukushiro Nukaga had declared he would run.

Other names in the list of successors include former finance minister Sadakazu Tanigaki and former chief cabinet secretary Yasuo Fukuda.

Some lawmakers petitioned for the return of Abe's predecessor Junichiro Koizumi, but Koizumi has reportedly refused pleas to join the race.

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
China maintains prices for upcoming holi

China's top economic planner is telling local departments to keep prices stable for the upcoming Mid-Autumn and National Day holidays.

The National Development and Reform Commission forbids manipulating market prices. The NDRC wants local pricing authorities to continue to crack down on price gouging and says food producers and retailers who try to raise prices to unreasonable levels will be punished.

Local authorities are allowed to use national meat reserves and stocked live pigs to meet market demand for the festivals.

price gouging:价格欺骗

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
Chinese "Dragon Day" in Toront

Chinese culture is being promoted for another year in the Canadian city of Toronto. And this year, the five mascots of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games are in the line up all in the name of "Dragon Day".

Ancient Chinese Opera, Dragon and Lion dance, and Kongfu besides all these traditional performances, the five Beijing Olympic mascots were on show in Toronto's China town to celebrate "Dragon Day".

A Chinese Toronto resident said, "As Chinese, we are very proud to host Olympics in China."

"Though living abroad, we are very happy that China will host the Olympics. We give the Olympic Games our best wishes. And we believe it will be successful." said another Chinese Toronto resident.

A Toronto resident said, "I have just come back from Beijing. It is now so well-built that it won't be a problem for Beijing to host the Olympics. Every Chinese person should go and see today's Beijing."

And those Olympic fans who haven't been to Beijing before, are eager to learn more about the host city.

"I think it's really interesting that it's going to be Beijing this time. Because I'm hoping while I love watching Olympics, you usually get to learn so much about the city where they are. And I really don't know much about Beijing. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about it." said a spectator.

Over 30,000 residents and tourists took part in this year's "Dragon Day" celebration.

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
China launches 1st "Public Transpor

China has launched its first ever "Public Transport Week." The campaign is aimed at easing traffic and improving air quality. It includes a car-free day encouraging people to leave their private cars at home and use public transport.

The campaign has gained much support nationwide. Over 10-thousand people have signed commitment boards, vowing to make their daily trips by public transport.

In Shenyang, the local government is adding more than 3-hundred new buses that meet the Euro Three emissions regulation to its fleet.

Meanwhile, Qingdao showed its strong determination to get residents to stop using their private cars and turn to public transport instead. The government has urged all city officials to take the bus to and from work over the course of the week.

Qingdao resident, said, "Let's reduce air pollution and make the traffic flow!"

Over 100 cities in China have joined the campaign. They have all nominated several busy roads to be non-car zones next Saturday, encouraging more residents to be public transport users.

Residents in Taipei also took a break from using their cars. On Saturday, over 10,000 local residents rode 12 kilometers on their bicycles as part of the city's "car-free carnival".

These newly-weds also took to their bicycles, instead of hiring several luxury cars for their wedding ceremony, they said helping the environment was the perfect way to seal their love.

The French capital Paris was the first city in the world to launched the car-free campaign in 1998. It aimed to boost public transport passenger numbers and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Since then, over 2,000 cities around the world have taken part in this annual activity.

car-free day: 无车日

顶部
酷港小秘
VIP会员
FOB狼族-文馨阁-小魔女

UID 348667
精华 0
积分 13121
帖子 4743
福步币 59 块
阅读权限 80
注册 2007-12-8

来自 My sky
状态 离线
登记完善我的简历
Hot booking for golden week tours

The week-long National Day holiday starts on October 1.

Now is the time to sign up for package tours. But with fewer flights available this year, top destinations such as Xinjiang and Yunnan may already be sold out.

Every National Day golden week brings out huge numbers of tourists.

With two weeks to go, they've already started signing up for popular destinations such as Xinjiang, Yunnan and Hainan.

Zhang Lingjie, China Travel Agency, said "People who want to go to the popular places should book their trips early. Flights at Beijing International Airport are down 20% due to its expansion project, and this has driven prices up."

Hotel rooms and entry tickets also cost more. Tour packages are up about 20 percent over last year.

In Beijing's outbound tourism market, tour bookings for Europe and Australia have closed. Trips to east and southeast Asian countries have only a few spaces left.

Zhao Yuping, China Travel Agency, said "Registration for trips to Asian countries will end next Tuesday, except tours to Japan, which will end this week."

Fewer flights and higher ticket prices have also hit the outbound market. Travellers going to southeast Asia will have to pay five to fifteen hundren yuan more than last year.

顶部

当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是 2017-10-23 06:45
沪ICP备05002584号